If you are into startup marketing, I don’t need to tell you how challenging it is. But you are into it simply because you are ready to take the plunge. Here are 8 rules that I advise you to follow when you build your start marketing strategies.
1. Identify your niche market. Focus on that niche only. Become an expert of that niche by continuously researching on it.
2. Start with offering Minimum Viable Product (MVP). Develop your product based on customer feedback.
3. Keep your marketing message extremely simple. Your target audience should be able to understand it within 3 seconds.
4. Focus on conversion rather than reach. More conversion means more traction. More traction means more fuel for your start up.
5. Set yourself a realistic target so that you can achieve it and motivate yourself for the next step.
6. Build a team of people who shares your passion and idea. Without a motivated team behind you, you can’t successfully carry out your startup marketing strategies.
7. Don’t try to be a perfectionist. Instead, focus on progress. Things should move as per your startup marketing strategies without stopping.
8. Never give up. Success takes time. Marketing your startup is a tough job. But you should be tougher.
What’s your take on startup marketing? Feel free to share your thoughts and add to the list so that we can make it as comprehensive as we can. In case you want to learn more or need help with startup marketing strategies, you may contact us here.
About the Author: Sudipta Kundu (popularly known as Sam Sudipta) is the Founder of Digital Medio, a digital media agency that offers engaging creative media production for marketers. Digital Medio specializes in business video production, brand collateral design, social media content creation, blog writing & blog management, website design & development & digital marketing consultancy.